Your breasts will inevitably undergo certain changes over the course of time. Factors such as gravity, pregnancy and the aging process may eventually cause your breasts to sag. If you've begun experiencing these changes and would like to restore a more youthful, perky breast appearance, then a breast lift may be the right option to help achieve your goals.
Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery has been helping women in the Denver area achieve their desired breast appearance for over three decades. Our plastic surgeons are committed to delivering the highly personalized care you deserve in order to help you look and feel your very best.
You can receive individualized treatment recommendations by speaking with Dr. John A. Grossman, Dr. Philippe A. Capraro, Dr. Matthew B. Baker, and Dr. Teresa C. Cunningham in person. Please call 303-320-5566 today to schedule a consultation at our Denver plastic surgery office.
Am I a Candidate for a Breast Lift?
Our philosophy has always been that you should only undergo a procedure when it's appropriate to achieve your unique needs and aesthetic goals. Our plastic surgeons will engage in a thorough evaluation of your physical needs and your mental state. While a breast lift can help you achieve extraordinary improvements in addressing breast sagging, it’s a significant procedure. We’ll make sure it’s the right procedure for you.
Breast augmentation is designed to give you larger breasts and create a more attractive breast shape. It will also address mild sagging. However, if you are concerned about more serious sagging issues, an augmentation is not the right breast surgery procedure for you. A breast lift, on the other hand, is explicitly designed to correct moderate-to-severe breast sagging.
An ideal candidate for a breast lift:
- Is largely satisfied with the size of her breasts. A lift can be combined with breast augmentation for enhanced results, but on its own the procedure will not enlarge your breasts.
- Would like to correct moderate to severe sagging issues in the breasts. This is often caused by weight loss, pregnancy, breastfeeding or the aging process.
- Is in good physical health, with no active infections. Any breast surgery is significant, but risks are greatly reduced if you are in sound overall health. You should be completely open and honest with our surgeons about your medical history and any allergies.
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure. As with any plastic surgery procedure, you are more likely to be satisfied with your results if you go into the process understanding what a breast lift can and cannot achieve.
- Does not smoke or is willing to quit smoking prior to the procedure and throughout the recovery period. Smoking can adversely impact healing, so it's important that you refrain from this activity until you are fully recovered.
Your Customized Breast Lift Procedure
The breast lift procedure is generally performed on an outpatient basis at the Rose Ambulatory Surgery Center in Denver. Our surgeons prefer to use general anesthesia for the procedure.
There are four potential incision options for your breast lift. Our surgeons will recommend the ideal option to achieve your unique needs and goals. Incision options include:
- Around the areola (only rarely)
- Around the areola with a vertical line extending down to the breast crease (lollipop lift)
- Around the areola with a vertical line extending down to the breast crease and a horizontal line along the breast crease (anchor pattern)
- Around the areola with a vertical line extending down with only a partial short horizontal line (short-scar mastopexy)
Our plastic surgeons will then lift and reshape the underlying breast tissue in order to improve the breast contour and firmness. The nipple and areola will be repositioned to give your breasts a perkier, more youthful appearance. Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is tightened to improve elasticity.
Recovery and Follow-Up Care
You will return home following your surgery. For the rest of the day, you will most likely feel drowsy, and it is a good idea to have someone present to assist you. Our team will provide you with a detailed list of post-operative instructions, and it is important that you follow them carefully in order to ensure proper healing.
Our plastic surgeons usually do not use drains on external stitches that need removal. They put a waterproof dressing over the incisions so that you can shower normally immediately following surgery.
At the conclusion of surgery, you will be put in an elastic jacket that works like an old-fashioned bra. You will take this off to shower, but otherwise you will wear it 24 hours a day for the first week. After that, you will wear a soft, supportive bra. Do not wear an underwire bra for three to four weeks.
The recovery period will take one to two weeks, but it may take up to four weeks before you can resume a full regimen of activity. Generally, you will be able to return to work one week after surgery.
Experienced Breast Lift Surgeons
Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery has been helping women achieve their ideal breast contour for more than 30 years. During this time, our surgeons have developed a reputation for delivering high quality results and excellent patient satisfaction.
Dr. John A. Grossman, Dr. Philippe A. Capraro, Dr. Matthew B. Baker, and Dr. Teresa C. Cunningham have performed thousands of breast lift surgeries, and they have the skills and experience needed to deliver the best possible outcome for your procedure. You will receive highly personalized service throughout the entire process from surgeons who genuinely care about helping each and every patient achieve their desired aesthetic goals.
Contact Our Denver Breast Surgeons
Please contact Grossman | Capraro Plastic Surgery using the form on our website or call 303-320-5566 today to schedule your breast lift consultation. We serve patients in Denver, Littleton and the surrounding areas of Colorado.